Who will be mending my clothes?
Your clothes will be mended by small businesses or non-profits that specialize in clothing repair.
Do you mend shoes?
Not just yet.
How much do mending services cost?
Mending services are divided into two categories, Small Fixes and Big Fixes.
- Pricing will depend on the service area and the type of repair.
- Your Mender will receive the full amount of the repair cost.
- MendIt charges a $5 flat fee per transaction to fund this business on orders up to $160.
- After $160, it becomes a 3% + $3 fee.
- We do this so that we do not take away from the Mender’s service fees, so take advantage and include as many items as possible in a single transaction!
What if I select the wrong fix option?
- If you selected a small fix, but your Mender realized it was actually a big fix, you will receive a price adjustment notification.
- And vice versa! If you selected a big fix but it was actually a small fix, you will receive a price adjustment notification and partial refund.
How do I place an order?
Is my payment information secure?
Yes. MendIt does not have access to your payment information as all payments will be processed via Stripe and Stripe’s servers. Click here to learn more about Stripe’s security features.
How do I specify special instructions when placing my order?
You’ll be able to add any special instructions in the box “Anything else your Mender should know?”.
How do I prepare my clothes?
- Please make sure that the clothing has been washed and is in a clean condition.
- Please pin or note on your repair if it may be difficult to easily notice.
- Clearly label your bag with your name, address, and phone number. (Luggage tags work well)
- If possible, please use a bag that closes, such as a laundry bag.
- Your clearly labeled, reusable bag will be returned to you with your repaired clothing.
- If you use a disposable bag, it may not be returned to you.
How does the self drop-off/pick-up work?
Currently, Mendit Drop-Off & Pick-Up is only available in Houston, TX. Mendit is available nationwide via shipping.
If you’re interested in using MendIt’s services in your city, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
HOUSTON, TX ORDERS
When you place your order, you will select your drop-off location. Please drop your order off within 5 days after placing your order.
Can’t remember your drop-off location? Check your email for the information or contact the Mendit team for help.
Once your order is complete, you’ll receive a text letting you know that your order is ready for pickup. You will have 5 days to pick up your completed order.
Our ResponsibleCloset™ Starter Kit is a great way to transport your local mending orders to your mender. See it here.
How does the shipping service work?
We are now offering round trip shipping service for mending orders!
Place your order in the app, select shipping, and we will send you a label to send your items to the mender.
After the order is complete, the mender will ship your items back to you.
Does Mendit offer alterations?
At this time, MendIt only offers small alterations that do not require fitting. We are working on different options to offer services for more complex alterations in the future. Stay tuned for updates!
How long does it take for my clothes to be mended?
Your clothes should be available in 5 days. However, depending on the workload of our Menders, it may take up to 7-10 days.
If shipping, this timeline begins when your order arrives to the mender.
How will I be notified once my order has been completed?
You’ll receive an email and text message letting you know that your order is ready for pickup.
- Please pick up your order within 5 days. (Verify shop hours with your Mender).
I need help with an order.
We are happy to help. Contact the Mendit Team at email@example.com for assistance.
I didn't receive a confirmation email.
- Make sure you check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org as a safe sender.
- If the email isn’t in your spam folder, you can reach us at email@example.com.
Where is my order number?
- You should have received a confirmation email with your order number after placing your order (check your spam folder!).
- You can also see your order number in your “Profile” by clicking on “My orders”.
How do I check the status of my order?
- You can check the status of your order in your “Profile” by clicking on “My orders”.
How can I report a missing or incorrect item in my order?
- For any order issues, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I do if I am not satified with my repair?
- Please, contact us at email@example.com and we’ll do as much as we can to meet your standards.
How do I cancel my order?
If you’d like to cancel your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are still in possession of your items, you will receive a refund for the cost of the repair, less the MendIt transaction fee. If your items are already at the Mender, you can still choose to cancel your order and not have the item repaired (as long as the Mender hasn’t started the repair). However, a refund will not be issued. MendIt will make all possible attempts to get the item returned to you within 5 days.
Do you accept bulk orders?
Yes, we do!
For bulk orders, please email details to email@example.com for more information.